2008-12-02

Mec-chemi-tronics Food Trip 2 - Penang Paradise (3)

On the third day morning, Jason's house was already filled with Jin Hang and the gang from the Island. Eh, forgot to clarify something which I think quite important. In this trip, we are actually sort of like divided into two groups, Island & Main Land group. In other words, Jin Hang, Kai Siang, William and others will be staying at Wei Yun's house (which is on the Island) while Bing, Kha Liang, Chong Woi, Alan and others (including myself) will be staying in Jason's mansion (which is on the Main Land).

Ok, clear. So our plan for third day was to allow Mr. Jason to lead us around Batu Mertajam and places in Main Land in search for delicious foods. After the third day trip, I finally realise why Jason has such high demand on delicious-ness as Penang foods are awesomely GREAT.

*This is one of the way to show you how big is Jason's house.

*Off we go.

*Look, the green colour shirt guy is our SOHAI-001. =). There are altogether 4 SOHAIs (If not mistaken I'm SOHAI-003).

*Jason called it Oh Beng in Hokkien, which literally means Black Rice. But if I were to translate it in English, it should Yam rice.

Pictures below are most of the gang in this trip, except Bing (Taking photo for us) and Jason (Order food for us). I hope I didn't miss out anyone and I am deeply sorry if I did.

*From the left - Kai Siang, Choon Kit, Me, William and Sean.

*From the right - Kenneth, Chee Yang, Wei Yun, Kee, Jin Hang and Alan.

*From the left - Hui Mynn, Chong Woi, Fong, Kha Liang and Chong Hong.

And while waiting for our breakfast....

*Remember who is Trinity in Matrix? She looks a bit like her.

*Somehow I think he looks like M1ch@3L J@cks0n, with his nose still attached of course.

*Malaysian version, Neo from Matrix.

*Malaysian skinny version of Agent Smith. =.=

Ok, done with the Matrix Remake. Let's see what I ate that morning.

*This is of course, the Oh Beng (Yam rice).

*猪脚醋 or in english literally, vinegar pig leg =.=".

*猪什汤, pork soup =). Jason, you are good at naming the food.

The 3 days in Penang was really a complete course of HOW-TO-GAIN-WEIGHT for me as it is beyond my imagination of how this bunch of coursemates of mine can "vacumn" the food into their stomach so instantly after one another. Why am I saying so? The restaurant or perhaps hawker's stall that we visited later in these pictures below were just a couple of minute gap from our breakfast. So basically there were no such thing as breakfast, lunch or dinner in this trip. There were all stick together till the time you get your ass on the bed.

*This is the hawker stall I mentioned previously that was like a while later after Oh Beng breakfast.

*"Food-vacumn-cleaner" are discussing of what to eat next.

*Chong Hong and Alan.

*I suppose this is our lunch, but too bad I can't get a taste of it.

*This is actually another hawker's stall within walking distance from the previous beef kuey teow soup "restaurant".

*Hui Mynn recommend this. She said it is nice.

*Cendol.

*Kai Siang and Jin Hang. Don ask me what they are doing, I have totally no idea about that =).

After that cendol stall, we went to visit Chee Yang's house. Partially was because of the rain, and partially was due to that, we are tired. Yes, finally I got some rest and allow my stomach to digest before the next meal (Sorry buddies that my stomach capacity is so tiny).

*Yes, I am highly exhausted.

*"Shhh... quiet... Keat Ming is sleeping"

*I just realised I am inside Chee Yang's house. Better behave.

While half of the gang rotting downstairs at the living hall, the other half were busy with...

*Reading comics =.=".

*While others took the chance to dream of the food coming later.

Ok, let's have a visit around Chee Yang's mansion. Simple and nice, and I really like the design of their staircase.

*See, bamboo again. It's like every where in Penang =).

*Very unique and attracting.

*Isn't it just so nice and simple? Very comfortable to be staying at this kind of surrounding.

*The living hall. Spacious!
*Now is Fong's turn to sleep.

*While I continue exploring Chee Yang's house. Paiseh ah =).

Since everyone was so exhausted, it was decided that we take a short nap before going for our dinner. So, the Jason's-house-Gang made their way back to Jason's house for a short break. But things turns out a little funny, we ended up playing ping pong, surfing the net and as usual, enjoying high graphic games with the laptops. So that evening ended up rapidly with all the usual activities and here comes the main attention of the day... DINNER TIME.

*This is where we had our dinner.

*This is the Wei Yun's-house-Gang except for Chong Hong.

*And this is the Jason's-house-Gang except for Chee Yang. And of course, Bing is not in as he is holding the camera. Thank you very much buddy =).

*Another memorable picture.

*Drinks arrived. Fong and Hui Mynn were very thirsty I assumed.

*umbra 酸梅.

*This was taken by Bing when he was terribly hungry and he saw a moon =.=".

*Ok, cut the lame crap and here I show you the 1st serving, 月光河 (Moonlight Hor Fun) =.=".

*kerabu豆干 (I can't think of a translation for this dish)

*斗底双煮 (a kind of fish)

*金香拉拉 (Golden aroma la la, damn, I like this translation a lot=)

*马来风光 (Malay style Kang Kung)

*妈密虾 (Mamite Prawn)

*泰式猪手 (Thai-style Pig Hand)

*咸蛋蟹 (salted egg crab)
I suck in translation I know =.="

By the appearance of the foods above, it sure looks delicious and indeed, it was extremely delicious. But that dinner turned out to be my greatest nightmare later at night................. (suspense making=) *ahem*

Ok then, so later after that dinner, we went all the way to the famous Auto City. At first before I came to Penang, I have heard of this Auto City and all the car events that were held there before. So I thought Auto City is nothing but a place which you will expect to see lots of car showrooms. Ok, it turns out to be quite disappointing if you are expecting to see bunch of multi million dollar cars being displayed around with showgirls posing for you to take photos, because all the showrooms were closed by the time we reached. However, I am surprise to see that Auto City is actually a place similar to The Curve. They had lots of Cafe and Restaurant such as Old Town Kopitiam, KFC, TAO Cafe (If I am not wrong, that's the name of the Cafe and we thought Jason owns that Cafe) and etc.

*Group posing with the cars (Jin Hang's idea).

*Another group posing.

From the outside of Tao Cafe, it really look very unique and well designed. So we thought of wanna have a look inside. Jason then suggested to go to their toilet and at the same time have a peek on the inside of the Cafe. Wow, no doubt this cafe is real nice. It is not only a cafe, but also a bar, restaurant and even lounge.

*Hui Mynn posing outside Tao Cafe.

*Chong Woi : "I also want. Bing, take for me!"
Bing : "=.=l"

* Chong Hong :" Bing, I also want to take!"
Bing :" =.=ll"

* Wei Yun : "Bing, faster take this one!"
Bing : "=.=lll"

*The buddies group. They knew each other since the 1st day in Monash.

We came up with an idea to take group photos of different engineering streams. So we started off with Chemical Engineering first.

*The wannabe Chemical Engineers.

*The 3 Mechanical-teers.

*This was suppose to be reserved for the soon-to-be Electrical and Computer System Engineers but only at that moment we realized that actually none of us are from that stream.

*And finally, the future Mechatronicsians. We are dominant in this trip, but in school we are actually the minor one besides E&C.

*Chong Hong and Kee.

*Hui Mynn is holding the camera for this all guys photo.

*Ok, they are starting with something else which I think I should get myself hidden before they find me. This is potentially dangerous to me. Poor Chee Yang.

*And too bad I kena at last. Poor me.

After we had had enough of taking group pictures and doing crazy stuff on the middle of the road, we decided to settle down in one of the cafe and we found this place very suitable especially for a bunch of 20++ people like us.

*IceIceBABY.

*See, this cafe actually has a free space outside their shop.

*While waiting for drinks and dessert to be served. This picture like as if I am holding some kind of high tech weapon which is almost going to shoot out laser beam.

*Here comes the desserts. We have strawberry, longan, watermelon and also banana I think.

*After a long negotiation, we finally got our hidden Meister to take photo with the 3 of us. Finally, a group photo of our team.

*My dessert, Kiwi Sago with Single Scoop Ice-cream.

*This one is Bing's one I guess, Peanut waffle with Ice-cream if I am correct.

*Listening to Jin Hang's talk show. If he feels too bored in engineering, he can really go start his talk show like Russell Peter, as he is really good in talking.

*A little bit of art from shaky effect.

*We spend like almost 2 hours (I guess) listening to his talk. It is quite interesting and of course funny.

OK! Finally, the whole trip is fully compiled!
*ahem* Thank you very much to all the Trip-mates for your cameo appearance in these 3 posts. Without you guys, I wouldn't have so much photos here. And this trip was really a very memorable one. I am glad to have you guys as coursemates as well as team mates. For now, we shall not be seeing each other like we always did in Uni last time as a lot of us are either transfering and exchanging. So, I wish you all Good Luck and All the Best in the future. We shall meeting again someday in the future. BYE MY FRIEND! *ahem*

Ok, I know this sure sounds a bit gay but that's what I wanted to tell all of you. So till we meet again buddies!

P/S: Remember I left some unfinished story to tell regarding about the so-called-suspense that I have previously made =). My greatest nightmare in Penang was the last night. That night everyone went to bed quite late, sitting outside Jason's house to chat. And god knows what they were chatting as I am already in my slumberland very early.
So late at night, I felt terribly uncomfortable in my stomach and I woke up to see Alan sitting quietly on the sofa.

I told him "hey, I think I got food poisoning".
And he replied "Later ah, I go to toilet 1st".

And the next thing I heard was vomiting sound out from the toilet. So, ain't me alone the one who got poisoned. So after he came out, it was my turn to contribute some to the toilet bowl. And that night I contributed (vomiting I mean) 3 TIMES. Damn, all the things I ate were like a waste. There goes my Weight-Gain-Plan ruined. Haiz.

This is the last thing I ate before the chaos.

*Cha Kuey Teow
(I don mean this is poisonous, it is just me who is so weak. So don get me wrong.)

*Story of the Day - Never had food trip in Penang =).
(Joking only la Jason. Foods in Penang were very nice and delicious. Thanks for the 5-Stars Quality Hospitality. I am sincere. ALIGATO.

-FIN-

0 comments: